Website Alabama Commission on Higher Education
• Develops, writes and tests computer programs.
• Troubleshoots and debugs computer application problems to ensure data is accurate and information is reported correctly.
• Reviews and edits data submitted by institutions for completeness and accuracy and identifies and addresses problem areas.
• Composes documents such as reports, program documentation, and correspondence.
• Coordinates programming and testing with specified agency staff.
• Submits periodic reports to keep supervisor and Commission staff informed of work progress and emerging issues.
• Ability to test new software packages and deploy/implement them with the current system.
• Performs other tasks or assumes other responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, the Deputy Director of Financial and Information Systems and the Executive Director.
• Associate Degree in Information Technology; degree must be from a regionally accredited institution or at least three years’ equivalent experience in programming will be accepted in place of the required coursework.
• Experience programming in Microsoft Visual Basic.NET technologies.
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft SQL server.
• Knowledge and experience with ASP.NET for website hosted applications.
• Knowledge and ability to implement smart modern web standards including accessibility and usability.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Operating Systems and Office 365 apps (SharePoint, Power BI, Forms).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to perform effectively and positively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org